Stage lopen bij Northpool BV
|Branche||Banken, financiele diensten & verzekeringen|
Over Northpool BV
Junior (Energy) Trader
Northpool (www.northpool.nl) is a commodity trading company founded in 2013. Northpool’s main focus lies with energy and weather related commodities and is currently active on the power and gas markets. Northpool consists of a small team of young people. Being a startup, Northpool is always looking for new opportunities and innovative ideas.
The energy market is dynamic. Until a few years ago the most important energy sources were coal, oil, hydro and gas. The rise of shale gas, wind and solar energy has drastically changed the energy mix both in Europe and the US. New developments in renewable and alternative energy sources will continuously shape the energy market. Northpool is at the heart of this dynamic energy world.
We are currently seeking Junior (Energy) Traders to join Stefan and Joris, two recent SBB graduates, in our trading team. You start your career by supporting the trading team in analysing the Intraday power market and updating various weather and pricing models. This way you will get familiar with power trading and trading strategies. You will put this knowledge into practice on the Intraday power market very quickly. Furthermore, based on your interest and ideas, there is the possibility to improve and expand Northpool’s trading infrastructure and portfolio.
• Supporting the trading team updating trading models and learning the market drivers
• Trading on the Intraday power market actively & independently
• Analysing trading models, algorithms and systems and initiating improvements
• Researching new market opportunities and analysing current market trends
• MSc in an analytical and quantitative field of study
• 0-3 years of work experience
• Affinity with trading and/or energy markets
• Excellent analytical, mathematical and numerical skills
• Process, interpret and apply new data & information quickly and respond decisively to it
• You stay calm under pressure
• Prepared to work flexible hours
• Fluency in English and preferably Dutch
• Your social and communication skills are excellent
• You are resilient to stress
• You have a competitive attitude and mind
• You initiate, are innovative and creative when coming up with solutions
• You combine enthusiasm and passion for new ideas with the capacity to execute them
• You are proactively taking ownership and responsibilities
Northpool offers you:
• The chance to be part of and contribute to a rapidly expanding commodity trading (advisory)
• A competitive remuneration package, including a variable part
• Steep learning curve with continued development opportunities
• Responsibility early in your career
To apply for the position of Junior (Energy) Trader, please submit your motivation, your resume and an overview of your grades and subjects to email@example.com or give us a call at +31(0)88 2400 300. We will respond to your application as soon as possible regarding the state of your application, possible next stages and timelines. An assessment can be part of the application procedure.
Northpool is always looking for qualified interns that are interested in modelling weather and/or pricing strategy or analysing new market opportunities.
Stages bij Northpool BV
1 vacature beschikbaar bij dit bedrijf