|Opleidingsniveau||HBO-Bachelor, HBO-Master, WO-Bachelor|
|Uren per week||20 - 40|
|Stageduur||3 - 6 maanden|
|Stagesoorten||Afstudeerstage , Meewerkstage|
|Stagevergoeding||€ 350 - 450|
The Tracker is a highly configurable device which can send rich (raw) sensor data. Trackers have many sensors (button, light, accelerometer, GPS, WiFi, BLE etc.), each of which having its own data formats and configuration options. The flexibility comes at the cost of complexity. Additionally, as every extra byte communicated results in less battery lifetime, Tracker created its proprietary protocol for LoRaWAN bi-directional communication with the ioTracker devices, primarily aimed at reducing protocol overhead to the max. This resulted in a 75+ page protocol specification document, describing the extremely compact message formats, as to be used to encode/decode the messages from and to the ioTracker devices. This protocol is used for encoding/decoding sensor data from the ioTracker to the backend ("uplink" messages), and for encoding/decoding messages to control or reconfigure the ioTracker ("downlink" messages).
However, constructing a downlink message to control or reconfigure the Tracker is a manual, time-consuming, error-prone activity. It requires an Tracker employee to:
- understand the customer's wishes,
- construct a downlink by manually checking the protocol specification (where it should be checked how each configuration bit relates to or even interferes with other configuration bits),
- thoroughly test the downlnk and see if the resulting Tracker behaviour is correct.
We need to automate this process, so we would like you to
- to investigate how our customers use the Tracker,
- convert these wishes to customer tooling for a backend and mobile app (tooling has to be easy to use for first time users, e.g., presets / wizard, while also giving power users the options of tweaking the configuration). This will require research into the worlds, e.g., of domain-specific languages (DSL) or other solutions. It will be your assignment to find the best way to tackle the problem and (help) implement it.
- Speak Dutch OR English;
- Are student to a an IT-related study;
- Are in the (second) last year;
- Should work at least 24 hours a week;
- Should start your internship around september 2021 (start date is flexible);
- Are ambitious and thrilled to get started in a world of cutting-edge technologies and bits & bytes.
Wat bieden wij
- Offer a nice internship compensation (€400);
- Are open to remote work;
- Offer guidance from a multi-disciplinary master team;
- Do healthy after-lunch walks in the scenic, peaceful area of our office;
- Have nice VRIJMIBOs.
For more details, check our website at iotracker.eu or reach out to Bert at bert.tilmans@dit bedrijf.nl