The Americans have the Hiltons, the Dutch the Van Der Valks. Free-spirited and headstrong, with a sharp commercial spirit and constantly looking for innovation, because standing still means going backwards. This is no different at Van der Valk Brussels Airport!
But we are more than just a company, we are a real family that takes good care of each other and together wants to offer a total experience for all our customers.
Every year, we welcome internationally and national students in our various departments. Our aim for interns who are taking their first steps in hospitality is to offer an incredible experience to help develop their skills at our 4-star hotel.
As a Trainee Meeting & Events you will report to the Senior Meeting & Events Coordinator.
Your internship will start with a cross-training throughout the hotel, covering the Front Office and Food & Beverage departments in order to become familiar with our hotel. It is important that the trainee, once trained, is able to perform the same tasks as a full time staff member. Only then he/she has a real understanding of the department.
- Receiving and answering all types of requests (events, weddings, seminars, trainings, etc.) by telephone or mail;
- Preparing offers;
- Following-up all pending files by active sales approach;
- Preparing contracts for confirmed groups (including operational details, payment and cancellation terms, etc.);
- Preparing signage boards, menu cards, etc.;
- Preparing rooming lists and function sheets;
- Preparing invoices for all past events;
- Helping all guests with their questions regarding their events (by telephone or e-mail);
- Various administrative tasks.
In order to apply for this internship, we are looking for the following skills:
- Attention to detail;
- Strong administrative skills;
- Multilingual (NL/FR/EN);
- Commercial skills;
- Flexibility in both work schedule & tasks;
- Organization skills;
- Can work in a structured way;
- Stress resistant;
- Hospitality attitude.
van der Valk Hotel Brussels Airport
Van der Valk Hotel Brussels Airport (****) has 246 rooms, 16 meeting rooms, a fitness, a bar, a cosy restaurant and a brand-new sushi bar; all this only a few minutes away from the airport. Van der Valk Hotel Brussels Airport is part of the biggest European family owned and managed hotel chain and consists already of more than 120 hotels, mainly in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany, but also in France, Spain, Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao and Florida.
Van der Valk Hotel Brussels Airport is looking for enthusiastic and determined trainees who are eager to discover and gain experience in the hotel business.
Bekijk ons bedrijfsprofiel