|Dagen per week||4 of 5|
|Stageduur||4 - 6 maanden|
|Stagesoorten||Afstudeerstage , Meewerkstage|
Are you an enthusiastic communicator with an interest in media and a passion for science? Do you want to learn about communications in an international business environment? Here’s your chance!
Elsevier’s Global Newsroom is offering a 6-month communications internship position , which is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in entering the field of corporate communications.
Together with the Communications Officer, the intern will work on communicating news from across the business to international media, with a special focus on science research communication, corporate announcements and media relations. As part of the Global Communications team, the intern will find opportunities to learn about and contribute to different types of communications in a global business environment focused on science and technology, starting from April 2020 until September 2020 (exact start dates can be discussed).
The intern’s activities will include helping edit, proofread and distribute Elsevier’s press releases across our primary channels and related media agencies. In addition to supporting a busy Newsroom environment, answering general queries from media outlets and monitoring social media and news coverage. Other opportunities within the role may also include writing original content for internal and external uses (including Elsevier’s online community site, Elsevier Connect.
Fluency in English is a requirement.
Based in Amsterdam, you will report to the Communications Officer. You will work a minimum of 4 days a week.
What you should bring
- Currently enrolled as a Master’s student in a field related to communication or science
- Requirement: candidate must be enrolled in a university program to be eligible for an internship, according to Dutch law
- Native or near-native English speaker with excellent communications skills, both in writing and in everyday engagements with stakeholders and external customers
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with content management systems, such as Squiz
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to take initiative
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Affinity with science, news and the media
- Flexible work attitude and able to work under (time) pressure
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign is a plus
Pay: 500 Euros per month
Jonathan Davis, Communications Officer
+31 20 485 2719
+31 6 20 987 384