|Dagen per week||5|
|Stageduur||5 - 7 maanden|
|Stagevergoeding||Zie salaris opmerking|
|Salaris opmerking||€500,- + bonus|
in an International Online Start-Up Company
(40 hrs/week Internship, the Netherlands)
Become responsible for expanding dit bedrijf in your country
Fields: Sales, Marketing & HRM
About dit bedrijf dit bedrijf provides a platform that helps students rent rooms to and from each other while they travel around the world. The platform is free to use and is strictly student-to-student, no other advertisers or renting parties are permitted. dit bedrijf helps universities sign up as platform members so their students can use and profit from our services. Through this process universities gain an extra tool to increase their supplies of off-campus housing and students have a unique outlet to find and rent rooms when they are going abroad.
Watch our movie: www.youtube.com/HousingAnywhere
International Expansion Since our formation in 2009 we have launched our platform at 72 universities worldwide. From Rotterdam to Barcelona and all the way to Sao Paulo, Singapore, and Los Angeles: dit bedrijf is a rapidly growing start-up. We expect to grow to over 150 universities by the end of the summer. To make this happen we are looking for interns who want to have international experience as well as valuable training in how to be a country manager. We are a vibrant, success driven company that rewards based on achievement.
Your Responsibilities You will be responsible for expanding dit bedrijf in one country, preferably your country of origin or current residence. You will be working from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. Through online channels, such as social media and career platforms you will recruit a team of 30 local students from your target country. These students will sell memberships of dit bedrijf to their local universities. As Country Manager you develop a sales strategy and guide your team through the sales process.
Tasks of a “Country Manager” · Make a strategy for selling & launching dit bedrijf in your country · Recruit a team of local students through online channels. You will be in charge of recruitment, interviews and hiring · Guide your team through the process of convincing a university to join dit bedrijf · Launch our platform at the universities together with your local team · Being involved through weekly meetings with top management
Cool Things · This is not your average internship: You are not assisting a higher-level manager, YOU are the manager · You will work in an international start-up company · You will develop your sales, negotiation, leadership, and business communication skills · You will instruct a team of 30 people · You will have a lot of responsibility and will see direct results: if you do well, your 30 people in your team will do well meaning dit bedrijf will do well in your country. At the end of the internship, you should be able to say: I doubled (or tripled) the revenues of dit bedrijf in my country with my team · You will be part of a young, dynamic, and quickly growing company. Our team currently consists of 14 people, of which the oldest is 26 years old · You will be based in the Netherlands, in Rotterdam, in the picturesque student neighborhood Kralingen. Rotterdam is the second biggest city in The Netherlands and is one hour by train from the capital Amsterdam
Characteristics we are looking for in our Country Managers: · Independent: The ability to work independently (you report directly to the Founder of the company) and to demonstrate leadership
· Structured: The ability to work in a structured manner: the only way to make sure that dit bedrijf will not become a victim of its own growth, is to be very organized. You will need to work according to specific checklists of our framework and develop the checklists yourself if they do not yet exist
· Persistent: You will be guiding a Sales Team. A central characteristic of good sales people is that they are very persistent: they should be able to get many rejections and still continue their job. You should therefore be as persistent as they should be: motivating them to keep on going and keep on selling this product over and over again
· Productive and motivated worker: We need someone who is a hard worker and is really passionate about dit bedrijf. You will work 40 hours a week, but should dit bedrijf grow much more rapidly than expected, we are looking for people who are willing to go the extra mile. It has happened that our interns had to work on a Sunday. Although this is not common, you should be prepared for it!
· Energetic, optimistic and imaginative power: you need to motivate a team of students, also in bad times
· Willing to do simple tasks: you will be Country Manager and the only person ‘above’ you in hierarchy is the Founder. However, on the other hand there is nobody ‘below’ you in our office (your own team is in an other country). This means you also need to complete simple tasks, for example, preparing excel sheets, replacing a logo on our website etc. It won’t be your main job, but these things will be part of the job
· Human Resource related: the field of this internship is Marketing & Sales. However, in order to get a team of local students, you first need to do 1-2 months of recruitment activities. Therefore, this internship is also HRM related. The recruitment period will consist of recruiting a team through various channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn and university’s career services
· Studies: You should be a third year student or higher. You should have an interest in the field of Sales & Marketing (it is not necessary to study this field)
Time period · 40 hours a week
· Starting mid-January 2013 (start date is flexible)
· The internship ends 6 months later (mid July 2013) or if preferred 7.5 months (ending at the end August 2013)
· You will work from our office in Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Payment 500 Euros per month + a bonus based on your team results.
Apply You can apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to Hannah Loef on firstname.lastname@example.org. In your motivation letter, please inform us why you want to work for a start-up company like dit bedrijf, instead of the typical multinational company. If you have any question before applying, feel free to send us an email on the above mentioned email address.
Please apply before Sunday 1 December, 23:00h!
The sooner you send your CV and motivation letter to us, the earlier we can start the interview process and reach to our decision.