Looking for a communications intern to support Newsroom
|Functie||Global Communications Intern|
|Dagen per week||4|
|Stageduur||6 - 9 maanden|
|Huidig opleidingsjaar||2 of 3|
Are you an enthusiastic communicator with an interest in media and a passion for science? Do you want to learn about communications in an international business environment? Here’s your chance!
We are looking for a communication intern to support the Newsroom team in Elsevier’s Global Communications department. The placement is a 6-month internship position, starting from mid-February 2017 until mid-August 2017.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in entering the field of media relations and strategic communications. Together with the Press Officer, the intern will work on communicating news from across the company to the media, with a special focus on science communication. Moreover, as part of the Global Communications team, the intern will be able to learn about communication in a large, international business environment.
Newsroom support activities will include writing, editing and disseminating press releases, answering media inquiries, monitoring social media and news coverage, and working on the communications sections of the company’s internet and intranet. Fluency in English is a requirement.
Based in Amsterdam, you will report to the Press Officer. You will work 28.8 hours (4 days) a week.
- Providing support to the Newsroom and press officer
- Answering media inquiries
- Writing, editing and disseminating press releases
- Monitoring news coverage
- Working on the corporate relations sections of the company's website and intranet
- Master’s student in a field related to communication (a background in science is a plus). Requirement: candidate must be enrolled in a university program
- Native or near-native English speaker with excellent writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign is a plus
- Experience with CMS such as Squiz and Wordpress
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Professional attitude
- Affinity with science, news and media
- Flexible work attitude and able to work under (time) pressure