Challenging opportunity for a creative and independent communicator
|Dagen per week||4 of 5|
|Stageduur||4 - 9 maanden|
|Huidig opleidingsjaar||2 of 3|
Are you an enthusiastic communicator with an interest in media and a passion for science? Do you want learn about communications in an international business environment? Here’s your chance!
We are looking for a communication intern to support the Strategic Communications & Brand group in Elsevier’s Global Communications department. The placement is a 6-month internship position (exact dates to be discussed).
This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in entering the field of corporate communications. Together with the Communications Officer, the intern will work on communicating news from across the company to the media. Moreover, as part of the Global Communications team, the intern will be able to learn about and contribute to different types of communications in a multinational business environment focused on science and technology.
The intern’s activities will include editing, proofreading and disseminating press releases, writing content for internal and external uses, answering media inquiries and monitoring social media and news coverage. Fluency in English is a requirement. Based in Amsterdam, you will report to the Communications Officer. You will work 28.8 hours (4 days) a week.
- Answering media inquiries
- Writing, editing and disseminating press releases
- Monitoring news coverage
- Researching, preparing and writing content for internal and/or external use
- Providing support to the Newsroom and communications officer
- Master’s student in a field related to communication (a background in science is a plus). Requirement: candidate must be enrolled in a university program
- Native or near-native English speaker with excellent writing skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign is a plus
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to take initiative and work independently
- Experience with CMS such as Squiz and Wordpress
- Attention to detail
- Affinity with science, news and media
- Flexible work attitude and able to work under (time) pressure