|Dagen per week||5|
|Stageduur||5 - 9 maanden|
|Stagevergoeding||€ 500 - 600|
Do you have experience in developing and implementing InSAR algorithms? Are you keen to apply your skills to scientific problem-solving? We are seeking a master’s thesis student who has experience in InSAR, with skills in InSAR algorithm development and scientific programming.
Responsibilities • Develop satellite image-based solutions • Develop and test algorithms and processes. • Aid in developing products and solutions based on satellite image-derived datasets. • Develop methods for SAR landcover classification and change detection. • Test new methods for information extraction using SAR intensity and/or interferometry. • Analyze and quality control results using GIS platforms.
Minimum Qualifications • B.S. in physical or earth sciences or technical discipline related to GIS or RS, with an emphasis in geophysics. • Some experience in Remote Sensing (RS) with emphasis on InSAR processing. • Proficiency in processing and interpretation of data from various InSAR sensors. • Proficiency in Python programming language. • Experienced with Linux. • Be able to read, understand, and implement the latest algorithms and processes from the peer-reviewed scientific literature.
Preferred Qualifications • Shell scripting • GIS platforms: QGIS • Radar processing software: SNAP, ISCE, GMTSAR, SARscape, and GAMMA • GDAL • InSAR • Sentinel-1
About the internship Looking for a non-traditional IT project, internship or graduation place? It may not be the safe way, but you do come into contact with new techniques and special challenges. As an intern you are part of our team where lines are short, we interact informally and there is room for innovation, your own research and substantive discussions with colleagues. Professional guidance within the team monitors your creativity and ensures your quality. We provide flexibility but it is demands responsibility.
Requirements Currently pursuing a master’s or bachelor’s degree in Remote Sensing, Machine Learing, Computer Science or an quantitative direction; for example econometrics or (applied) mathematics.
- Data analysis
- Computer Science
- You attend a study in a quantitative direction, for example econometrics or (applied) mathematics
- You are analytical and eager to learn.
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn skills if they are new to you.
- You are also independent, motivated and result-oriented
- Experience with OpenGL (Optional)
- Dutch or English speaking
- Experience with Mathematical Modelling/Coding (optional)
- Experience in Remote Sensing / InSAR
Wat bieden wij
- An above-average internship allowance
- Own workplace at out office at the DelftTechPark
- Possibility of a permanent contract or temporary employment contract
- Freshly ground coffee ;-)
If you have any questions or would like further information about internship opportunity’s at Laixer, please contact us or drop vt at our office in Delft.