|Dagen per week||4 of 5|
|Stageduur||2 - 12 maanden|
|Stagesoorten||Afstudeerstage , Werkervaring|
Dit bedrijf strives to improve education by providing students and lecturers with the tools that will transform the way they interact and learn. We have created an online study community that encourages students to participate in lectures and share study material to facilitate the core of education: opening up young minds to the wonders of science and helping students become specialists in the things they love. We are looking for a skilled programmer to strengthen our development team (8 top-notch programmers).
Every product is built from scratch to ensure we are technically ready to grow with any developments in the future: more users, huge amounts of traffic, and feature-rich applications that are intuitive to use.
Our services are hosted in a cloud in which the load is distributed over a variable amount of servers. Our servers are maintained using Puppet, Devops skills are desired.
As a developer you will work on all aspects of the project, from a completely scaleable datamodel, shared-nothing back-end Ruby on Rails server park, Cloud load-balancing infrastructure to different clients developed with the latest MVC-frameworks.
We work in small independant development teams (max. 3 developers and a product manager) which is why we require a pro-active and communicative approach. As a result you have direct influence in the architecture, planning and functionalities you will work on. Our projects are guided by the Scrum methode, in which daily stand-ups ensure you are involved with every aspect of the (development) team.
Every product is 100% tested according to the Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-driven development (BDD) principles, we expect you to have experience or want to gain experience in TDD and BDD.
- Crawling data on opensource educational platforms
- Improving our search engine
- Developing a video player in which users can add timed comments and share documents
- Familiar with MVC structure
- CSS / Sass (desired)
- Shared-nothing structure (desired)
- Cloud infra-structure (desired)
- CDN Experience (desired)
- Puppet / DevOps skills (desired)
- Computer Science fundamentals: Object-Oriented design, data structures and the design of smart algorithms
- Scrum (desired)
- Code reviewing (desired)
- Test-driven development, RSpec, Capybara (desired)
- Linux (desired)
- An eye for design is also beneficial
- Ruby on Rails
- RESTful interface API
- Lucene and Mahout (desired)
- NoSQL ervaring (desired)
Wat bieden wij
- Dynamic & informal environment
- The chance to improve higher education
- A great position in a young technology start-up
- Experience working in a team of highly experienced and qualified developers
- Room for your own initiatives, great ideas can be implemented right away!