TRAINEE RESERVATIONS/ MEETING & EVENTS / SALES
|Functie||TRAINEE RESERVATIONS/ MEETING & EVENTS / SALES|
|Locatie||Diegem, Diegem, Diegem|
|Dagen per week||5|
|Stageduur||5 - 6 maanden|
|Stagesoorten||Afstudeerstage , Meewerkstage|
During this all-round internship you will be working in the Reservations/M&E department or the Sales & Marketing department; depending on the needs and workload at the moment of your internship. You will report to the Director of Sales, Ms. Corinne Aertsen. Your internship will start with a cross-training throughout the hotel, covering the Front Office and Food & Beverage departments in order to become familiar with our hotel. It is important that the trainee, once trained, is able to perform the same tasks as a full time staff member. Only then he/she has a real understanding of the department.
- Receiving all types of requests (events, weddings, seminars, trainings, etc.) by telephone or mail;
- Preparing offers;
- Following-up all pending files by active sales approach;
- Preparing contracts for confirmed groups (including operational details, payment and cancellation terms, etc.);
- Preparing signage boards, menu cards, etc.;
- Preparing rooming lists and function sheets;
- Preparing invoices for all past events;
- Helping all guests with their questions regarding their events (by telephone or email);
- Various administrative tasks;
- Performing sales calls (prospection);
- Sending out mailings (newsletters);
- Ongoing social media & marketing;
- Preparing sales visits, client events, exhibitions, etc.;
- Administrative support of various sales activities;
- Competition analysis;
- Performing competition checks;
- Analysing revenue per segment and booking channels + monthly reporting;
- Supporting the Yield & Revenue department (e.g. updates or websites);
- Keeping account details up-to-date in Hotelconcept.
- Attention to detail;
- Result driven;
- Analytical skills ;
- Strong administrative skills (Excel/Word/Outlook);
- Multilingual (NL/FR/EN) ;
- Commercial skills;
- Correct attitude towards colleagues and hotel guests;
- Outgoing & open-minded attitude (sales-minded).
The tasks the trainees will complete will vary and are therefore not limited to the list above. The main goal is to keep the guests satisfied at all times. The trainees have to be able to work independently and in a flexible way.
We encourage cross-training throughout the different departments which will broaden the trainee’s experience within the hotel and hospitality business.