IT Internship Application Restructuring
|Functie||Intern Application Restructuring|
|Dagen per week||4 of 5|
|Stageduur||4 - 6 maanden|
|Stagesoorten||Afstudeerstage , Werkervaring|
In Europe, Staples is facing a complicated application landscape as a result of a long history of acquisitions. Staples wants to drastically simplify that application landscape through harmonization of the business processes and standardization on a core set of applications.
As input for this standardization effort and to support prioritization in this effort it is crucial to have a clear insight into the current application landscape including usage and costs of the applications. This information needs to be stored in such a way that reports on this application landscape can be made from a variety of angles and in a flexible way.
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn about harmonizing a complex application landscape and how to collect, store and report on data to support that harmonization?
- 80% Project driven; 20% operational (updating application data)
- Analyze required data on the current application landscape
- Design and develop an application to store these data and report on them in a flexible way
- Interview people in the IT community about their requirements
- Write documentation on how the system is set up and provide a user manual
- Produce a number of reports
- Set up a process for maintaining the application repository
- Improve the quality of the available information where needed
Are you a 3rd or last year bachelor or master student with passion for application development? Do you combine a sharp analytic view with good communication skills? Than this is the internship for you!
We will accept applications until July 31th. The first interview will follow the next week. We kindly ask you to complete the online application via the link beneath and submit your resume and motivation in English.
- Bachelor or Master student, in an IT related study (e.g. Business Informatics)
- Basic experience with tools like MS Access and/or MS SQL Server
- Strong skills in data modeling
- An independent and structured way of working
- Smart and curious, enjoys doing good work
- Strong analytical skills with a high sense of quality
- Fluent in English
Wat bieden wij
- We welcome you to a challenging, dynamic environment with great opportunities for you to explore. During your internship, you can become a part of our transformation!